Lemon, lime and raspberry fizz
Making fizz at home is a fun activity for kids! The beauty of this syrup is that you can add even just a very small amount to sparkling water, so you can control the amount of sugar you’re adding.
- 6 juicy lemons
- 3 juicy limes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 cup caster sugar
- sparkling water chilled to serve
- Squeeze lemons and limes to make 2 cups juice.
- Add to a saucepan with water and raspberries. Mash, then add caster sugar and simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes until slightly syrupy.
- Strain into a glass bottle.
- To make up your fizz, add about ¼ cup syrup to a glass and top up with chilled sparkling water.
The fizz is great for special occasions like a birthday party – I would serve it with classic homemade fish and chips for a real treat. This herby panko-crumbed fish recipe would be perfect, along with these twice-cooked hand-cut chips, homemade tomato sauce and pink mayo.