Lemon delicious pudding
Lemon delicious is a classic for a reason! As much as I love experimenting with new recipes, there’s just something about a good old-fashioned pud when I’m craving comfort food.
- 70 g butter softened
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup self-raising flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- icing sugar for dusting
- vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly butter a medium ovenproof serving dish.
- In a bowl combine the butter and sugar and whisk with an electric beater for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks and beat for a further 2-3 minutes until thick. Fold in the lemon zest, flour and milk then stir in the lemon juice.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form firm, white peaks then fold into the creamed mixture. Pour into the greased dish and bake for 45-50 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe requires nothing fancy, just the basics. It’s perfect when you want to make a dessert in a snap with what’s in the cupboard and a lemon off the tree. Master this recipe and you’ll have the perfect dessert up your sleeve for any occasion. Serve it in all it’s light, fluffy glory dusted in a flurry of icing sugar. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy. Heaven! If you love classic lemony desserts, you’ll love this Lemon Meringue Pie and this Lemon Louise Slice. This recipe is from the August/September issue of NADIA magazine. Photography by: Todd Eyre.