Honey Rhubarb Tart with Ginger Greek Yoghurt
This is one of those desserts you can whip up quickly for almost instant gratification. Ginger, rhubarb and vanilla are a stellar combination.
Honey rhubarb tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry square
- 4 stalks large rhubarb cut into 3 inch lengths
- 4 tablespoons runny honey
Brown sugar and ginger greek yoghurt
- 200 6 greek yoghurt
- ½ inch ginger peeled and finely grated
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or seeds from a vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 180 degC/355 Fahrenheit fan bake. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cut pastry sheet in half (so you have two rectangles) and place on prepared tray.
- Cut rhubarb pieces in half lengthways. Lay rhubarb pieces along the length of the pastry rectangles. Drizzle with half the honey. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining honey.
- Mix yoghurt, ginger, brown sugar and vanilla together.
- Cut the tarts in half or thirds and serve with the yoghurt or mascarpone on the side.
Serve with Greek yoghurt for a lighter dessert, or mascarpone for something more decadent. The gingery yoghurt is great with the sour rhubarb and balances it beautifully. This would be a great dinner party dessert – you could easily make more than one to feed a group. Have the fruit prepared and yoghurt mixed together ahead of time and this dessert will be ready in no time! Use a good quality puff pastry to ensure a light flaky texture.