Frozen fruit pops
For a fun Summery dessert, make homemade frozen fruit pops with the kids!
Mango and passionfruit yoghurt pops
- 1 cup fresh mango diced
- 3 passionfruit scooped-out or ½ cup passionfruit sauce
- ¾ cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup coconut water
- drizzle of honey
Berry cooler pops
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup ripe strawberries diced
- 1½ cups naturally sweetened blackcurrant juice or apple juice
Mango and passionfruit yoghurt pops:
- Combine mango with scooped-out passionfruit or passionfruit sauce.
- Mix together with Greek yoghurt and coconut water and sweeten with a drizzle of honey.
- Spoon into ice-block moulds and chill in freezer for 20 minutes then add ice-block sticks and freeze until solid.
Berry cooler pops:
- Combine blueberries with strawberries and mix with juice.
- Spoon into ice-block moulds or plastic cups and freeze for about 1 hour until slushy then add an ice-block stick to each and freeze until solid.
Here’s two recipes that kids are sure to love – mango and passionfruit yoghurt pops and berry cooler fruit pops. Both are gluten-free and refined-sugar free, unlike most store-bought versions! You can buy ice block moulds at most kitchen shops, I find them so useful for whipping up a quick, easy to eat Summer treat. However you can just use plastic cups as moulds. Kids could have lots of fun in the kitchen experimenting with flavours, just use the recipes below as guidelines!