Creamy sweetcorn and jalapeno dip
I love the flavour of jalapeno – it reminds me of summer, especially in this delicious dip!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- ¼ cup sliced jalapeno
- 15 g cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup tasty cheese or Parmesan plus extra for top if desired, grated
- 1 cup cooked sweetcorn kernels
- sliced jalapeno chilli flakes, sliced red chilli (optional) to garnish
- chargrilled sourdough bread ciabatta, corn chips or crackers (gluten-free if required)
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Heat oil in medium frying pan and sauté onion, garlic and jalapeno for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant. Let cool.
- Whizz or hand-blend the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add cooled onion mix and fold in cheese and corn.
- Spoon into an ovenproof dish and top with extra cheese if desired. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve topped with extra jalapeno and a sprinkle of chilli flakes or spice mixture and sliced red chilli if desired. Serve with chargrilled sourdough bread, ciabatta or crackers (unless eating gluten free in which case gluten-free bread, rice crackers or corn chips would be great).
This warm, cheesy, bubbling jalapeno dip is something quite special! It is great with bread or crackers, or even corn chips for a more Mexican feel! You can use frozen or canned corn if it’s out of season, but I do encourage you to try it when corn is fresh as it makes this dip extra good. If you want this dip extra-spicy, add chilli flakes or powder, or more jalapenos. When entertaining guests, prepare this dip right up to the point where you bake it in the oven and keep in the fridge covered with cling wrap. That way you can make it well in advance.