Chocolate, date and tangelo bliss balls
The light citrus flavour of these bliss balls is so delicious, and goes so well with the rich chocolate flavour!
- 50 g pecans
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- 20 pitted dates
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon tangelo zest
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon tangelo zest
- In a food processor whizz pecans, coconut and dates until finely chopped.
- Add cacao powder and tangelo zest and whizz until the mixture forms an evenly mixed ball.
- Roll the mixture into about 16 walnut-sized (20g) balls.
- Whizz pecans, coconut and tangelo zest until fine crumbs.
- Roll the balls in the crumbs and chill for at least 1 hour.
The volume of dates may seem like a lot, but use regular baking dates, not medjool dates in this recipe. I love having these bliss balls in the fridge for an afternoon sweet treat with a cup of tea. Use oranges if tangelos aren’t in season.