Brie and pastrami pan-seared sandwich
Brie makes everything it’s paired with a bit more delicious, especially when melted. These brie and pastrami sandwiches are just the thing to whip up for family at the weekend, for an extra-special but quick lunch.
- 30 g butter
- 4 slices rustic hand-cut bread
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 6 slices pastrami
- 4 gherkins sliced, plus extra to serve
- ½ wheel brie 60g, sliced
- salad greens to serve
- Butter the slices of bread, turn over two slices and spread with a layer of mustard.
- Top mustard with waves of pastrami, sliced gherkins and brie. Cover with the remaining bread slices, keeping the buttered sides facing out.
- Preheat a large frying pan and cook the sandwiches over a low to medium heat. When golden, flip the sandwiches over and cook on the opposite side.
- Cover the pan with a lid to help melt the brie. Serve with fresh greens and extra gherkins.
Pastrami is a bit like corned beef, but much much better and tastier. It’s perfect for sandwiches as it’s not too tough to bite through. This recipe is from the Oct/Nov issue of NADIA magazine.