Basic pizza dough
This is a great basic pizza dough. I love making pizza for an easy Friday night dinner, check out my favourite recipes below.
- 4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1¾ cups warm water
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for oiling bowl
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and water and mix well. Leave for 5-10 minutes until foamy.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour the wet yeast mixture into the flour and form into a dough with your hands.
- Transfer to a clean, floured surface and knead for 5-8 minutes until smooth and elastic. If too sticky, add a little flour; if too dry, add a teaspoon of water.
- Place the dough in a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave to rest in a warm place for about 45 minutes or until doubled and puffed up.
- Remove from the bowl and knead again for 2-3 minutes, then quarter the dough and shape into pizza bases.
Once this pizza dough is rolled out into bases, wrap them in plastic wrap and pop in the freezer. So handy for a quick meal! Here are my favourite pizza toppings to serve with this dough: Pizza Supreme Homemade Pizza Margherita Avocado and Prosciutto Pizza Spiced Chicken and Mango Pizza with Curry Mayo Lamb Pizza with Feta, Rocket and Yoghurt Drizzle Asparagus, Pumpkin and Feta Pizza with Rocket Pesto Smoked Salmon Pizza with Tomato, Rocket, Capers and Lemon Creme Vegan Pizza with Tomato Cashew Cream and Avocado Herb Sauce