Lamb pizza with feta, rocket and yoghurt drizzle
This is such a tasty pizza to make as an alternative to takeaways! I like cooking my lamb medium so it’s still nice and juicy in the middle.
You could even use wraps or mountain bread as the pizza base if you’re looking to reduce your carbohydrate intake – they tend to go crispy and delicious when baked, or even wrap in large lettuce leaves. This recipe serves 2 but quantities could easily be increased to feed more people. Rump is perfect cut of meat for this recipe – it doesn’t have too much fat on it so it’s easy to eat.
This recipe comes from the My Gourmet Food Bag – check out myfoodbag.co.nz for more details.
- tomato paste 1½ tablespoons
- garlic 1 clove, minced
- olive oil 1 teaspoon
- sweet chilli sauce 2 teaspoons
- pizza base (GF if required) 1
- tomato 1, thinly sliced
- capsicum 1, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- red onion ½ , very thinly sliced
- feta 70g, diced 1cm
- lamb rump steaks 300g, at room temperature
- natural yoghurt ½ cup
- mint leaves ¼ cup, chopped
- sweet chilli sauce 1 teaspoon
- rocket leaves ½ bag
- feta 30g
PREHEAT oven to 220degC and preheat an oven tray. Alternatively preheat a pizza stone (if you have one). Preheat BBQ grill to high (if using).
1. In a dish, mix tomato paste, garlic, olive oil and sweet chilli sauce together. Place pizza base on a clean, dry bench and evenly spread tomato paste mixture over base, leaving a small gap for the crust.
2. Evenly top with tomato, capsicum, onion and first measure of feta. Set aside and reserve any toppings that do not fit on pizza for the salad. Season pizza with salt and pepper. Carefully place pizza base onto prepared tray (or pizza stone) and cook for 10–12 minutes, until base is crispy.
3. While pizza is cooking, heat a drizzle of oil in a fry-pan on high heat. Pat lamb dry and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2–3 minutes each side, for medium-rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Remove and wrap in foil to rest for 3 minutes then slice thinly.
4. Combine yoghurt with mint and sweet chilli sauce and season with salt and pepper. Make a salad from remaining ingredients; dice remaining tomato and combine with rocket, remaining capsicum and onion. Crumble in second measure of feta, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cut cooked pizza into 8 pieces and sprinkle over sliced lamb.
TO SERVE, dollop yoghurt drizzle over pizza then sprinkle with a few rocket leaves from the salad. Serve salad on the side.