There’s not much that can’t be improved by being honey-roasted, including these delicious root vegetables!
Root vegetables don’t get much better than this. The ultimate side for roast meat, honey-roasted root vegetables are a crowd pleaser that kids and adults alike love.
By adding the honey balsamic mixture at the end, you ensure it doesn’t burn all over the tray like it will if you add it at the start. Your vegetables will get a tasty, glossy coating without a burnt, charred taste.
- beetroot 250 grams, peeled and cut into 2cm wedges
- baby carrots 250 grams, trimmed (or large carrots cut into 2cm batons)
- orange kumara 300 grams, scrubbed, cut into 3-4cm chunks
- olive oil 1 tablespoon
- rosemary 3 sprigs, leaves only
- honey 2 tablespoons
- balsamic vinegar 3 teaspoons
- flaky sea salt 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Arrange vegetables on the tray in a single layer, keeping the different types separate. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter over rosemary. Roast veges for 20-25 minutes, turning once during cooking, until starting to caramelise.
- Meanwhile whisk together honey, balsamic vinegar and a good grind of black pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle mixture over cooked vegetables and toss gently to coat. Scatter over salt and return to oven for about 5 minutes until vegetables are cooked through and sticky and caramelised around the edges.