Pesto cream cheese puffs
These pesto cream cheese puffs are a great one to take to a pot luck morning tea! They’re a tasty and elegant treat.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ cup tasty cheese grated
- 1 tin whole corn kernels well drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup oil
- 100 g cream cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons pesto plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and lightly grease or spray a 12-hole muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and celery salt into a large bowl, then stir in the cheese and corn and toss to combine.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and oil together, then pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together until just mixed.
- Half-fill muffin holes with mixture, then place a small teaspoon each of cream cheese and pesto in the middle of each one. Cover with remaining mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until puffed, golden and spongy when tapped on the top.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin. Serve warm with extra pesto.
Check out my pesto recipe here if you want to make your own (it’s always better home made!) This recipe comes from the June/July issue of NADIA magazine.