This is a super-tasty way to cook chicken. If you love lemongrass, like I do, this is a must-try dish.
- 600 6 chicken thighs boneless and skinless – cut into thick 3cm slices
- 2 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce GF if required
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red chilli minced
- ⅓ cup lemongrass finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass finely chopped
- 2 cups steamed rice
- 2 cups steamed vegetables
- Marinate chicken in fish sauce, soy sauce, turmeric, brown sugar, chilli and half of the lemongrass at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan on medium to high heat. Stir-fry remaining lemongrass for 1 minute until fragrant. Add marinated chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Add water, cover partially with a lid, lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce has reduced.
- Sprinkle extra lemongrass over the top and serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
If you don’t have fresh lemongrass, it’s no problem to use frozen – you can often find it in big bags in the frozen section of an Asian supermarket. Serve with steamed rice and lots of stir-fried greens, this lemongrass chicken is my idea of a quick healthy tasty dinner. If you like this recipe, be sure to try my Lemongrass Chicken Noodle Salad and my Lemongrass Chicken Skewers.