Leftover turkey or chicken Asian salad
If you’ve got leftover turkey or chicken, here’s a great Asian-inspired salad to make with it.
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1½ tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1-1½ cups leftover roast turkey or chicken shredded
- 1½ cups cabbage finely shredded
- 1 carrot peeled, shredded or grated
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- mung bean sprouts handful optional
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts chopped
- ½-1 cup fresh mint and coriander roughly chopped
- 2 wholemeal wraps optional
- Mix all dressing ingredients together.
- Toss leftover cooked shredded turkey/chicken with cabbage, carrot, thinly sliced spring onion, mung bean sprouts (if using), peanuts, and plenty of roughly chopped fresh mint and coriander.
- When ready to eat, toss salad with the dressing. Eat as a salad or pile into a wrap, fold up and eat!
The Asian dressing (from my Good Food Cookbook) is very tasty and brings life to any salad! The hoisin adds a rich salty flavour that really compliments meat. I love adding plenty of herbs to this salad. Have this by itself for a lighter meal, or wrap it up in a wrap. Leftover turkey and chicken is so great to have in the fridge – so useful to whip up a healthy lunch! To get the recipe for an amazing Christmas turkey with apple, sage and cashew stuffing, click here.