Kale, Apple and Feijoa (aka Pineapple Guava) Smoothie
If you ever feel like you have overindulged during the weekend, why not restore a bit of balance with this kale smoothie?
- 1 green apple peeled and grated
- 1 handful kale or spinach chopped
- 1 cup feijoa pineapple guava/guavasteen
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey or apple syrup
- 4-6 mint leaves optional
- 1/4 cup yoghurt or coconut milk optional
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy.
Not only is it delicious, but super healthy and refreshing too! Packed full of nutrients – it’s perfect for curing any of those late nights and is bound to wake you up and leave you feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead! It may seem like a lot of greens, but once you’ve added the fruit you’ll hardly taste it! Both kale and feijoa are at their peak in Autumn, making this a great seasonal smoothie! I recommend adding the mint – it goes so well with the flavours of apple and feijoa!