Cherries with Chocolate Pinot Noir Sauce
Chocolate and cherries are a taste match made in heaven, that reminds me of Christmas too.
- good quality dark eating chocolate 100g broken into pieces (I used Whittaker’s Dark Ghana)
- pinot noir 1½ cups I used Wild Earth Wines
- brown sugar 3 tablespoons
- cinnamon stick 1 broken
- star anise 2
- fresh ripe cherries 1kg
- Combine chocolate, red wine, brown sugar, cinnamon and star anise in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the chocolate has melted and the syrup is thick and smooth.
- Serve cherries with a bowl of chocolate pinot noir sauce on the side to dip cherries in to.
Cherries are such a treat, they grow really well in Central Otago in New Zealand and are absolutely delicious! This recipe puts a grown-up spin on this classic combination – with the addition of Pinot Noir, cinnamon, and star anise. Incredibly simple to make and a perfect way to end a special occasion dinner!!