Baked lemon and ricotta cheesecake
You haven’t had cheesecake until you’ve tried this lemon and ricotta beauty.
- 200 g plain biscuits
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100 g butter
- 250 g ricotta
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs separated
- ¾ cup cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup marmalade
- ¼ cup water
- icing sugar for dusting optional
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line the base of a 23cm springform tin. Whizz the biscuits, cinnamon and butter in a food processor until finely ground then press into the base of the tin. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Using an electric beater, blend the ricotta, cream cheese and caster sugar until smooth. Add the egg yolks, cream and lemon zest and beat well.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until fluffy with soft peaks. Fold egg whites into ricotta mixture then pour onto biscuit base. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until just set in the centre.
- To serve, heat marmalade and water to make a glossy syrup and drizzle over warm cheesecake. Alternatively, simply dust with icing sugar and serve.
This cake is a cook’s dream in my opinion! It’s so simple and uses easy, every day ingredients yet produces a real show-stopping dessert. I love the fact that it can be whipped up in just over an hour. It’s the perfect example of how seriously delicious desserts don’t have to be a chore! Serve it your way, either drizzled in a gorgeous marmalade syrup, or simply dusted with icing sugar. This recipe is from the August/September issue of NADIA magazine. Photography by: Todd Eyre.