Asparagus, Tomato and Smoked Salmon Tart
This smoked salmon tart is incredibly quick and easy to make! Perfect for a simple and delicious brunch, lunch, or even a light summer dinner – enjoyed with a simple side salad and a glass of chilled white wine.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 10-12 asparagus spears halved lengthways
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 slices smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1-2 tablespoons capers
- Preheat oven to 220 degC/430 Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Use the back of a blunt knife to score a 3cm edge border around a sheet of puff pastry.
- Arrange halved cherry tomatoes on top, and top with asparagus spears. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (until puffed and golden).
- Just before serving, top with smoked salmon, a few dollops or crème fraiche, and sprinkle over capers.
This recipe is from Easy Weeknight Meals, a recipe book collaboration between My Food Bag and I, featuring some of our customers favourite recipes. This smoked salmon tart is also delicious cold and would be a great dish to pack for a picnic. Good quality olive oil really elevates the flavour – you could even use a lemon or garlic infused oil for extra flavour.