Japanese dressing is one of my go-to dressings for salads, and especially my Japanese-style beef carpaccio!
- ½ cup lime or lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ⅓ cup light soy sauce or use tamari for gluten free
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons mirin or use sugar for gluten free
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
Serving suggestion: Spoon over beef carpaccio with baby radishes, apple, carrot and coriander.
Try this Japanese dressing tossed through a simple slaw, or in my Japanese Beef Carpaccio recipe.
To make this dressing gluten-free, use tamari or gluten-free soy sauce in place of regular soy sauce, and swap mirin for sugar.
Dressing will keep for a week in the fridge.