- eggplant (aubergine) 1 large
- olive oil 3 tablespoons
- rosemary 2 teaspoons, very finely chopped
- garlic 2 cloves, minced
- ground black pepper
- chargrilled capsicum 2, sliced (from a jar or deli)
- sheep feta 100-150g, cut into 12 thin slices (I used Blue River Dairy's)
- basil leaves 20
- Use a sharp knife and slice the top and bottom 1-2cm off the eggplant, so that it can stand upright on a chopping board. Carefully slice eggplant lengthways into 10-12 long 0.5cm-thick slices – try to keep the slices of equal thickness.
- Mix olive oil, garlic and rosemary and brush onto eggplant slices. Season with salt and pepper. Grill on a preheated BBQ grill plate or in a grill pan until lightly browned, about 5 minutes on each side. The eggplant slices should be cooked through, and soft and pliable. Alternatively, you can bake them on a baking tray lined with baking paper, in a 180degC/360 Fahrenheit oven for about 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- To assemble, lay a slice of grilled eggplant on a flat surface and top with a slice of feta, slices of capsicum, and 1-2 basil leaves, then roll up tightly and arrange on a platter, with the seam side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Total Fat15.8 g