Spring salad with yoghurt mint dressing
Try this simple yet healthy spring salad recipe that is fantastic accompanied with a tasty yoghurt mint dressing and will take you through the working week, so stock up on jars and containers, hit the supermarket and get chopping.
If you’re in the habit of shelling out your hard-earned money for a salad, sandwich or soup at work each day, it might be time for a menu change-up. Save some coin and impress your colleagues with these nutritionally dense and easy-to-prep work lunches – and never go hangry again! Bring the dressing for the spring salad in a separate container, then when you get to lunch time all you need to do it shake both together.
- a few radishes sliced
- cucumber 5 slices
- a few cherry tomatoes halved
- goat’s-milk feta 1 slice
- roast almonds small handful
- leftover cooked chicken or hot-smoked salmon ½ cup
- orange ½, peeled, sliced
- fresh herbs, micro greens and borage flowers (flowers optional)
- plain yoghurt ¼ cup
- lemon or orange ½, juice
- extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons
- good pinch sugar
- freshly torn mint leaves ½ cup
- Before work, put salad ingredients in sealed container (we used an Agee jar). Put dressing ingredients, plus salt and pepper to season, in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate until needed.
- At work, assemble salad. Shake jar and drizzle dressing over salad.