This dish is a great way to eat Chinese roast duck, the veggies and dressing will help lighten it up and will taste great with the crispy skin!
Buy a roast duck from a Chinese restaurant to fast track this recipe and create a delicious, stylish entree or light lunch in under 10 minutes. If you want to roast the duck yourself, see below for a recipe.
- hoisin sauce 3 tablespoons
- sesame oil 1 ½ tablespoons
- light soy sauce 1 ½ tablespoons
- rice vinegar 1 ½ tablespoons
- snow peas 150g
- oranges 3, segmented
- cherry tomatoes 1 punnet, halved
- roast duck* 1, meat shredded
- sesame seeds 1 tablespoon, toasted
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
- Blanch snow peas by plunging into boiling water to cook for 1 minute, then drain and plunge into a bowl of iced water (this will ensure they stay nice and crunchy).
- Toss drained snow peas, oranges, cherry tomatoes and duck meat together. Just before serving toss with the dressing and sprinkle over sesame seeds.
- * Either buy a roast duck from a Chinese restaurant, or to roast a duck yourself preheat an oven to 180 degC/355 Fahrenheit, prick duck all over with a sharp knife, season with salt and pepper, and place on a roasting rack inside a roasting dish. Roast for 1 ½ hours, letting all the fat render out.