Mini cheesy hot dogs
These deliciously cheesy mini hot dogs are great for kids birthday parties.
You can buy great quality frankfurters for hot dogs these days – the brand Franks are particularly awesome. If you want to make the tomato chutney for this recipe yourself, this homemade tomato sauce is super quick. Pizza blend cheese is perfect for this recipe as it’s extra melty and oozy. Regular mozzarella would also work great if you can’t find pizza blend.
- mini par-baked rolls 8
- grated pizza blend cheese 1 cup, plus extra for tops
- tomato chutney 2 tablespoons
- smoky frankfurters 4, halved
- red onion ½, sliced
- tomato sauce and American mustard to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut wedge along top of each roll and open out slightly.
- Mix cheese and chutney and spread in buns. Add half a frankfurter, a little extra cheese and a few slices of onion to each.
- Place the rolls on a lined baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until buns are golden and the cheese has melted.
Serve warm or cold with tomato sauce and American mustard.
- You can find mini par-baked rolls in the freezer section of your supermarket.