Mmmmmm this vegan bean dip is so tasty with corn chips – I love it for an afternoon snack or when entertaining friends!
This bean dip is perfect with a cold beer I reckon! The level of heat in chipotle sauce can vary between brands, so add a little, have a taste and add more if needed. You could also use this recipe to make very tasty vegan nachos – maybe just don’t blitz up the beans too much to keep some of the texture.
- olive oil 2 tablespoons
- brown onion 1 large, diced
- garlic 2 cloves, minced
- ground cumin 1 teaspoon
- chili flakes ½ teaspoon (optional)
- beans 2 x 400g cans (e.g. Pinto beans, kidney beans, butter beans, cannellini beans, borlotti beans, 4 bean mix etc), washed and drained
- chipotle sauce 3-4 tablespoons
- limes juice of 2 (or 1 lemon)
- natural unsweetened Greek yoghurt (optional)
- coriander (cilantro), chopped
- green chilli 1, chopped (optional)
- corn chips (ensure GF if required)
- Heat oil in a fry pan on medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic and cumin until onion is soft (about 4-5 minutes).
- Tip onion mixture into a food processor with chilli if using, beans, chipotle sauce and lime/lemon juice. Blitz until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and more lime juice if needed.
- To serve, warm dip up in the microwave or stove top, top with a good dollop of yoghurt or sour cream and garnish with coriander and green chilli if using. Serve dip warm with corn chips.