If you’ve got leftover turkey or chicken, here’s a great Asian-inspired salad to make with it.
The Asian dressing (from my Good Food Cookbook) is very tasty and brings life to any salad! The hoisin adds a rich salty flavour that really compliments meat. I love adding plenty of herbs to this salad. Have this by itself for a lighter meal, or wrap it up in a wrap. Leftover turkey and chicken is so great to have in the fridge – so useful to whip up a healthy lunch!
To get the recipe for an amazing Christmas turkey with apple, sage and cashew stuffing, click here.
- sweet chili sauce 2 tablespoons
- soy sauce 1 ½ teaspoons
- sesame oil 1 ½ teaspoons
- lemon or lime juice 1 ½ tablespoons
- hoisin sauce 1 teaspoon
- leftover roast turkey or chicken 1 - 1 ½ cups shredded
- cabbage 1 ½ cups finely shredded
- carrot 1, peeled, shredded or grated
- spring onion 2, thinly sliced
- mung bean sprouts handful (optional)
- roasted peanuts 1/3 cup chopped
- fresh mint and coriander ½ - 1 cup roughly chopped
- wholemeal wraps 2 (optional)
- Mix all dressing ingredients together.
- Toss leftover cooked shredded turkey/chicken with cabbage, carrot, thinly sliced spring onion, mung bean sprouts (if using), peanuts, and plenty of roughly chopped fresh mint and coriander.
- When ready to eat, toss salad with the dressing. Eat as a salad or pile into a wrap, fold up and eat!