If you ever feel like you have overindulged during the weekend, why not restore a bit of balance with this kale smoothie?
Not only is it delicious, but super healthy and refreshing too! Packed full of nutrients – it’s perfect for curing any of those late nights and is bound to wake you up and leave you feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead! It may seem like a lot of greens, but once you’ve added the fruit you’ll hardly taste it! Both kale and feijoa are at their peak in Autumn, making this a great seasonal smoothie! I recommend adding the mint – it goes so well with the flavours of apple and feijoa!
- green apple 1, peeled and grated
- kale or spinach 1 handful, chopped
- feijoa (pineapple guava/guavasteen) 1 cup flesh
- water 3/4 cup
- liquid honey or apple syrup 2 teaspoons
- mint leaves 4-6 (optional)
- yoghurt or coconut milk 1/4 cup (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy.