This simple hot milk drink is perfect snack for breastfeeding mums, containing fennel seeds (a known galactologue which promotes lactation), cinnamon and honey.
A mug of it goes great with one of these lactation cookies! 🙂
*To make dairy-free, use almond or soy milk
- fennel seeds 1 teaspoon (or alternatively you can use ground fennel)
- milk (cows, almond or soy) 1 cup
- honey 2-3 teaspoons
- ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon
1. Place fennel seeds in a fry pan and toast on medium heat for a few minutes until light golden and fragrant. Finely crush/grind in a mortar and pestle (note: you can do a few tablespoons of fennel seeds at a time and keep aside for more milk drinks).
2. Add milk to pan, along with crushed fennel, honey and ground cinnamon and stir until milk is warm/hot (but do not let it boil). Pour into a mug and enjoy with a cookie!