A simple grilled salmon dish with lots of colour and a lovely balance of Asian flavours. Perfect for a warm evening when minimal effort is required!
- sesame oil 2 teaspoons
- light soy sauce 3 tablespoons (gluten-free if required)
- lime juice of 1
- rice vinegar 2 tablespoons
- sugar 1 teaspoon
Salmon and rainbow noodles
- purple cabbage ¼, finely shredded
- carrots 2, shredded
- red chilli 1, finely chopped (optional)
- ginger ½ teaspoon finely grated
- salmon fillets 4 x 120g
- sweet chilli sauce 1 tablespoon
- lime finely grated zest and juice of 1
- soba noodles 270g dried
- spring onions (scallion) 4, shredded
- Whisk all dressing ingredient together in a large bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and chilli to dressing and set aside to marinate while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Preheat oven grill to 220degC/430 Fahrenheit. Lay salmon fillets on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Mix sweet chilli sauce, lime zest and juice and ginger together and spoon over salmon fillets.
- Grill salmon for 6-8 minutes or until just cooked through (I actually prefer my salmon ever so slightly under-done).
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook noodles according to packet instructions or until just cooked (be careful not to overcook the noodles, they should still have a bit of bite in them). Drain and rinse the noodles under cold water.
- Toss drained noodles with cabbage, carrot, dressing and spring onion.
- To serve, divide noodles between plates and top with a piece of salmon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Total Fat27.1 g