Quick, simple, buttery, garlicky, and finger-licking good! Garlic and herb bread is the perfect snack when entertaining – everyone loves it!
You can keep this butter in the fridge or freezer – it’s great to have on hand and can be used for all sorts of things (like stuffing under the skin of a chicken before roasting). Prepare this garlic and herb bread in advance and keep wrapped up in tin foil in the fridge. Then when you need it just pop it in the oven. The smell of garlic herb butter and warm bread wafting through the house will be incredible! Serve this up with some homemade pizza supreme and my silky chocolate mousse with marshmallows for an extra-special pizza party!
- butter 75g, softened
- garlic 4 cloves, minced
- parsley 2 tablespoons, very finely chopped
- French bread 1 stick/baugette
Preheat oven to 200degC.
- Mix butter with garlic and parsley until well combined, and season with salt.
- Use a bread knife to cut the baguette into 3cm-thick slices, but making sure that you don’t slice all the way through the bread (so that it can all stay attached).
- Spread garlic and herb butter between each slice of bread, then wrap baguette up in tinfoil and bake for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through. Serve warm…mmmmmmm!