Chocolate fondue with spiced bunny biscuits
These cute bunny biscuits are great fun and taste delicious dipped in chocolate fondue!
Spiced bunny biscuits
- plain flour 300 grams
- baking soda 1 teaspoon
- ground ginger 1 teaspoon
- mixed spice 3 teaspoon
- butter 125 grams
- soft brown sugar 100 grams
- golden syrup 3 tablespoons
- vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- milk chocolate 150 grams, chopped
- dark chocolate 150 grams, chopped
- cream ¾ cup
- water 2 tablespoons
- maple syrup 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and mixed spice in a large bowl.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, golden syrup and vanilla in a small pot over a low heat, stirring regularly until melted (about 3 minutes). Add to dry ingredients and stir well until a firm dough forms.
- Halve the dough, shape into two balls and wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow dough to cool and firm up slightly (it will be easier to handle this way).
- Roll each ball out onto a lightly floured surface until about 5mm thick. Use your bunny cookie cutter (or whatever shape you wish) to cut out shapes. Transfer to trays and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden; swap shelves in the oven halfway through cooking. Once cooked, take out of oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before carefully transferring biscuits to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make fondue, use a double boiler or sit a medium bowl over a slightly smaller pot containing a few centimetres of water. Add fondue ingredients to the bowl and gently melt over a low-medium heat, stirring until well combined. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- To serve, transfer fondue to a small serving bowl and invite guests to dip in the spiced bunny biscuits.
– Feel free to also dip in slices of seasonal fruit, chunks of nougat or marshmallows, using wooden skewers or fondue sticks.