Making your own golden, crunchy granola is easier than you think, and it saves your dollars and your waistline.
This recipe is taken from my book Fresh Start. You can make this granola is dairy-free if you use coconut oil for roasting and serve with dairy-free milk and coconut yoghurt. It will keep, stored in an airtight container, for a couple of months – though it’s so yummy it probably won’t last that long! You can substitute the dried cherries for any other dried fruit, e.g. apricots, if you like. Make sure you use jumbo rolled oats as they have the best size and texture for this recipe. For more information on other types of oats, check out this blog post.
- honey ¼ cup
- butter or coconut oil 2 tablespoons
- vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- jumbo rolled oats 2 cups
- coconut thread ¼ cup
- dried cherries, berries, cranberries (or other dried fruit) ½ cup, chopped
- milk or yoghurt ¼ cup per serving (use non-dairy milk and coconut yoghurt for dairy free)
- fresh or canned fruit ½ cup per serving