Brie and pastrami pan-seared sandwich
Brie makes everything it’s paired with a bit more delicious, especially when melted. These brie and pastrami sandwiches are just the thing to whip up for family at the weekend, for an extra-special but quick lunch.
Pastrami is a bit like corned beef, but much much better and tastier. It’s perfect for sandwiches as it’s not too tough to bite through.
This recipe is from the Oct/Nov issue of NADIA magazine.
- butter 30 grams
- rustic hand-cut bread 4 slices
- wholegrain mustard 1 tablespoon
- pastrami 6 slices
- gherkins 4, sliced, plus extra to serve
- brie ½ wheel (60g), sliced
- salad greens , to serve
- Butter the slices of bread, turn over two slices and spread with a layer of mustard.
- Top mustard with waves of pastrami, sliced gherkins and brie. Cover with the remaining bread slices, keeping the buttered sides facing out.
- Preheat a large frying pan and cook the sandwiches over a low to medium heat. When golden, flip the sandwiches over and cook on the opposite side.
- Cover the pan with a lid to help melt the brie. Serve with fresh greens and extra gherkins.