Avocado, Watermelon, Pomegranate and Feta Salad
This is such an easy dish that really makes the most of summer bounty like avocado, watermelon and pomegranate in such a simple and satisfying way.
Have this salad as a light, refreshing starter or special side salad perfect for a hot day. Sweet, refreshing watermelon goes so well with salty feta and creamy avocado, and a squeeze of tart lime – there’s so much flavour in this salad! These tasty lamb cutlets with salsa verde would be a great accompaniment, and can be cooked on the bbq – perfect for hot nights.
- watermelon 4 cups of 1-inch cubes (about 1 small watermelon)
- avocados flesh of 2 just-ripe, sliced or cubed
- pomegranate seeds of 1 (optional)
- feta 75g, crumbled
- mint leaves 1 handful, torn
- limes juice of 2 (or juice of 1 lemon)
- extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil 1-2 tablespoons
- In a large serving bowl or platter, gently toss watermelon, avocado and pomegranate seeds (if using) together.
- Scatter over feta and mint leaves, and dress with lime/lemon juice and extra-virgin olive or avocado oil. Serve immediately while it’s still super fresh!