Greek-style Lamb Sausage Salad
This hearty Greek-style lamb salad is full of wonderfully fresh Greek flavours, and is so quick and easy to prepare.
- 6 good quality lamb sausages
- 800 g chickpeas 2 x 400g cans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 roast red capsicum/pepper sliced (from the deli or jar)
- 1/2 cup black kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves torn
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley roughly chopped
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 drizzle balsamic vinegar
- Preheat barbecue grill on medium heat.
- Cook sausages for 3-4 minutes each side until well browned and cooked through.
- Slice cooked sausages and toss with remaining salad ingredients.
- Dress with lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar just before serving.
Just simply barbecue the sausages and toss with the salad. Perfect for a summers evening enjoyed with a glass of wine and friends. Be sure to buy good quality sausages for this recipe, preferably ones that are Greek-style if your butcher has them! This kind of salad would also keep really well if you wanted to prepare it the night before and take it to work in a container. You would just want to bring the dressing separately, and cool down the sausages before you added them to the other salad ingredients.